Trusts and foundations
We are a registered charity (The Barn Theatre Project). We take our responsibilities to our community very seriously, so we open up opportunities for people of all ages and all backgrounds to…
- …experience the power of theatre
- …access top quality performing arts and education
We believe that professional theatre enriches a community, stimulates wellbeing, and activates a thriving economy. Learning and participation are at the heart of the Barn Theatre. We are deeply committed to:
- Provide performing arts tuition for young people (4-18) of all backgrounds at Barn Academy.
- Make professional theatre accessible by providing free and subsidised tickets for those facing difficulties (working with local charity partners).
- Offer Barn Outreach workshops and performances in schools and colleges to nurture collaboration, creativity, confidence and communication skills.
- Offer Barn Outreach singing workshops and short performances for community groups to bring people together.
- Inspire and support emerging writing, acting and musical talent.
- Award scholarships at Barn Academy for talented students unable to afford fees (means tested, by application).
- Become a training ground, improving employability and creating opportunities for young people in the creative sector.
- Open up theatre to new audiences, increasing participation for everyone.
We would like to thank these trusts and foundations that support our artistic and education programmes:
Barchester Healthcare Foundation
The Blakemore Foundation
The Cotswold Primrose Charitable Trust
The D’Oyly Carte Charitable Trust
The Ernest Cook Trust
The Rowlands Trust
Waitrose Community Matters
The Winstone Trust
If you think you can help, please contact Tessa Webb, our Business Development Manager, on 01285 648242 or firstname.lastname@example.org