Trusts and foundations
As well as presenting outstanding professional shows, we are a registered charity (The Barn Theatre Project), deeply committed to our community. We open up opportunities for people of all ages and all backgrounds to
- Experience the power of theatre
- Access top quality performing arts and education
We believe that professional theatre enriches a community, stimulates personal wellbeing, and activates a thriving economy. Learning and participation are at the heart of The Barn Theatre.
We reach out to our community to:
- Provide the best performing arts tuition to our community with Barn Academy (formally StageSmart).
- Make professional theatre accessible by providing free and subsidised tickets for those facing hardship and difficulties (working with local charity partners).
- Offer Barn Outreach workshops and short performances for schools and colleges – dealing with issues affecting the mental health of young people. We tell stories that break taboos, especially when it comes to mental health. Our team aims to bust stigma, and increase emotional intelligence and resilience in young people.
- Inspire young actors, writers and musicians.
- Award scholarships at Barn Academy for gifted and talented students who are unable to afford fees (means tested, by application).
- Support writing and acting talent.
- Open up theatre to new audiences, encouraging participation in the arts for people from all walks of life, on and off line.
The Barn Theatre aims for personal growth, self-expression and skills for life. We believe in the power of creativity to make a real difference in lives today.
If you think you can help, please get in touch with Tessa Webb, our Business Development Manager, on 01285 648242 or firstname.lastname@example.org