We are that rare thing: an independent, professional, 100% ‘producing house’ theatre. That means we create all of our productions in house, as opposed to ‘receiving house’ theatres that merely host shows produced and toured by other theatre companies.
In fact, since our launch in 2018, The Barn has become well known for exciting content creation in theatre circles nationally and internationally, and is often now regarded as one of the top ten theatres in the country:
‘I’ve been amazed at the intensity of The Barn’s productions’
‘The Barn has shown me what theatre making can be, setting the bar high for my own artistic practice. It was truly a brilliant way to kickstart my career’
Rudy Percival, composer.
Each year we self-produce a whole spectrum of ambitious shows, from original new writing to innovative revivals and adaptations, both live and digital. We believe that our creative work brings great benefits to the industry and the area. Every year we:
- Champion up-and-coming talent and launch careers — including several West End stage debuts in 2022.
- Provide permanent work for an amazing team of in-house creative talent — producers, writers, videographers, lighting and sound designers, content creators and many more.
- Draw some of the most exciting creative talent in the country to the area, putting Cirencester on the creative arts map.
- Develop partnerships with writers such as Sir Michael Morpurgo to strengthen our national and international reputation for first-class storytelling.
- Continue to lead the way in the digital arts space, bringing our Barn Digital productions and Behind the Barn Door podcast to a broader national and international audience.
- Open up theatre to new audiences and inspire young people in the area by showing what can be done on and off the stage.
WHY YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS
From bringing new people to theatre to launching creative careers and facilitating huge community events, here are just some of the ways that your contributions help make our community a better place.
ORIGINAL PRODUCTIONS & LAUNCHING CAREERS
EDUCATION, OUTREACH & EVENTS
BARN COMMUNITY & THEATRE FOR ALL
As a registered charity, we rely on the support of our community to create innovative productions, keep ticket prices low and make a difference.
Not many people know that The Barn Theatre is an unsubsidised charity and that we rely
on the generosity of our supporters to keep going.
WITH HUGE THANKS TO
everyone who already supports us:
Diana & Harry Acland
Bob & Marianne Benton
Sophie & Bobby Burnett
Chris & Sue Burton
Paddy & Janie Dear
Simon Hersom & Marian Whittaker
Mandy & Hugh Thomas
Sir Jeremy Tritton
Dr Andy Lichnowski
Sir Michaela McWilliam
Dame Fiona Reynolds
Barbara & John Rutley
Sir Martin Smith
Lavinia Corbally Stourton
Paul & Viv Styles
Harry & Jane Tee
Alix Titley & Richard Crooks
Andrew & Tracey Tubb
Richard Waite & Jennifer Hayward
Charles & Amanda Wood
TRUSTS & FOUNDATIONS
The Foyle Foundation
The Notgrove Trust
Macfarlane Walker trust
The Lennox Hannay Charitable Trust
Jack Lane Charitable Trust
The Cotswold Primrose Trust
D’Oyle Carte Charitable Trust
Gloucester Community Foundation
Hitchins Family Trust
The Number Crunchers
St James Place
DentArtwork Dental Care Centre
Cotswold District Council
Cirencester Town Council